Freitag, 11. Mai 2012

Hello World!


Greetings Everyone!

This Blogg is for all of you who love Historic Fashion and Fashion Dolls!

I`m based in Vienna and I just started to fulfill my childhood dream, which was to have a Barbie with a real corset and a hoop-skirt! I`m completly self-taught when it comes to sewing and construction. I had professional help making the Patterns but the rest is all done by myself. I just recently started and I´m doing this as a Hobby next to my regular work, so i can not put too much time in it. But one has to pay rent.
Right now i´m fascinated by the periods between 1845-60 and 1770-85. What you see here is my first finished gown. It is inspired by a 1845-50 Jane-Eyre-like Day-dress. I used a Cotton-Fabric and it has lining, boning and a Hoopskirt!
 I use Barbie`s with the Pivotal/Model-Muse-Body, the one you see in the pic is a Barbie Basics, Col. 02, Mo. Nr 14, that I re-bodyed with a Pivotal Body.
I went out to take the picture, it`s really just a first try. I have a lot of things already planed in my head , hopefully I have  time to realize them until July. I truly need a Holiday.

I have no Idea what will come out of this, but I think a blogg is a good start! Let me know what you think...


Have a nice day!

Axel


3 Kommentare:

  1. Vielen lieben Dank! Eine Mischung aus `Jane Eyre` und `Unsere kleine Farm`! ;)

    lg

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I just discovered you from DollObservers and I'm completely amazed by your work! Wonderful creations and so detailed and realistic... I share your love of historic costumes but I'm working with 16" dolls... Barbie was too hard for me! I applaud you! Well done, all of it... the photos, the blog and especially the costumes!

    AntwortenLöschen